Setting up of Business in India
Commencement of Foreign Investment can take place in broadly three forms in India :-
- Incorporation of a Company in India as an Indian Company
- The Investment can take place in the form of a Joint Venture
- A Private Limited or Public Limited Company, Wholly Owned Subsidiary, in accordance with the Companies Act, 2013.
- Foreign Company set-up
Under this the RBI guidelines prescribe the establishment of a Liaison Office, Branch Office, Project Office. These are as follows-
The Companies Act, 2013 states that only an Indian Resident, with PAN, can be appointed for receiving notices in India for foreign companies.
- Liaison Office : An office that represents the parent company in Indian Territory
- Branch Office : An office that undertakes activities such as Export, Import, research, consultancy etc.
- Project Office : Office set-up to execute a project/projects in accordance with a Contract.
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Governed by the provisions of the LLP Act, 2008